Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Goals


Happy 2011 everyone! I have several goals for the year that I hope to be able stick to. First of all, I want to be a more active person. I want to have more energy and take less naps in the afternoon. Mostly because of Kenya, but also I want to feel better about myself and who God has created me to be. The activity center on campus offers free classes, which gives me no excuse to say no to shaking my butt like a black woman in Zumba. My second goal is to keep this blog up more often. As most people know, I'll be traveling to Kenya in the summer for 2 and a half months. This will be a daunting journey as I travel to a culture that is opposite of the one I know. It is full of trials, and hardships, and I know that the weekly encouragement of the bloggers back at home will be a huge part of my week. So, I begin now, and will blog once a week or so, until I no longer feel awkward doing it. My third goal is simply just trying to be a better friend to those around me. No body wants to feel alone, and it is my goal to let those around me know that I love them and care about them. I feel like school can drain that out of my system, and it is not going to happen this year. My last goal is the hope that I can saturate myself in God's word so much that I'm overflowing. I want to want to, to desire it more than I desire a husband or a friend. With how busy life is starting to get, and the realization that "real life" starts in 2 1/2 years, I want to drive into his word more than I've ever done before. Happy New Years, and War Eagle!! Let's beat those silly ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment