Sunday, January 23, 2011

Captivated.

I got this book called "Captivating" for Christmas from my dear friend, Lauren. She said it would change the way I view love and romance.

She was right.

The very first chapter was like looking into my soul. It spoke to my heart.

My very deepest desire is to be loved and accepted by all. To be romanced, swept off my feet, and protected. The first 20 or so pages was all about this. It said that God has designed my entire being to desire this. It's not like I'm weird, or really really sappy. This desire was created by God, and will someday be fulfilled by Him. Isn't that just so comforting?

Here are some great quotes from it:
" I want to be beautiful, and make you stand in awe. Look inside my heart, and be amazed. I want to hear you say, who I am is quite enough. I just want to be worthy of love and beautiful."
" The King is enthralled by your beauty."- Psalm 45:11

Imagine a life where nobody is judged by their acne, hair, body type, or whether they're in a sorority or not. It would be the most easy life possible. There would be no need to trust, to hope, or to long for. Women have too much pressure on us, and thank goodness the Lord believes in us. He made us to trust, to hope, and to long for something bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment