Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's Game Time baby!


I'm sitting here, trying to write how I'm feeling the night before I leave. My nerves are getting shaky, and my stomach is getting all butterfly-y. Packing is coming together, and tonight I'll go pick up our friend Travis, from Nebraska.
I can't believe this is all happening. It seems like yesterday during Christmas break that I was officially accepted and started writing my support letters. Just as quickly as Christmas ended, spring break came and the three of us ELCC interns began our super crazy mess of a yard sale. And then May came, and here I am today. The Lord has done wonders just to get me here. There are so many people I want to say thank you too. It was through the generous support of wonderful friends and family that I am able to go.
Now, I'm ready to see how the Lord will be done. What a wonderful trip this will be. :)
Prayer Requests as I leave tomorrow: Pray that I will be totally dependent on the Lord; that I won't ever think that I can do anything on my own.
Pray that I will remember that I am not here to change the culture, but to show the culture Jesus as best I can.
Pray that I will remember that I can only do so much, and to remember that my small, and very sinful efforts can be used.
Lastly, pray that I will grow and bond with my team, and that we will be that. A Team.

What a summer. For those who are supporting me, keep following this blog. I'll update it as best I can while I'm there. Facebook and email will also be other options of communication. Folks, this is it. I'm a day from the trip of my life. I can't wait to get there, and I can't wait to see the Lord work.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you. I' so proud of this commitment you've made, to give your summer to his service, your whole life for that matter. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good and safe trip! I'll be praying for you and thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete