Sunday, March 27, 2011

I can smell summer


Amen.
How many times have I planned, hoped and dreamed something, only to have the opposite come true. Life is flying by, and I just can't even believe all the wonderful directions I've gone in. Directions that were so different than what I originally planned. Go to Auburn? No way. Here I am though. Be in the marching band? Absolutely not. And yet, my best friends are in marching band. Join a sorority? Heck no. And yet, God's provided me some wonderful friends that I would not have taken the time to meet. Travel to Kenya? NO. But now, finals are the only thing that's keeping me in this country. Be a teacher? That's not sensible at all. But my calling is totally and without a doubt a younger elementary school teacher. Every major decision I've ever made has come because I let go, and let God take over. The first half of college is almost over. The second half will be filled with more decisions. What do I do after college? Where do I go? Who do I live with? What church do I go to? It's weird. But I gotta remember that the most important thing I can learn from college is knowing I can't do anything with Christ, and that includes decisions about my future.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool Virginia (assuming that you meant to write "anything withOUT* Christ" in the last line...otherwise, we need to have a little chat)! Anyways, I'm glad you're willing to share important things like this, and it's something I've been struggling with a lot, too. I'm a planner, and it's that time of year where I start fretting over summer plans again, even though I did a lot of "planning" work months ago. I'm getting some not-so-subtle hints from the Lord that maybe I should let go and enjoy the time and relationships he's given me!

    ReplyDelete