Friday, July 2, 2010

Excuse me, but I seemed to have lost summer.

How in the world did summer fly this quickly? I would love to know because I still would like to relax, and be lazy at the pool. Or really...I think I'm just dreading the fact that I'm going to have to work really hard this semester. But I also have this strong desire to improve my friendships, and be open to all the new freshmen that will enter my life. I want to be a wonderful friend to every single person I meet.
I also want Jesus. Yes. I have Him already. But I want more. I've been having this mini goals pop in my head over the summer of how to make my next year better than last year. And the one thing that keeps coming up is Jesus. Reading his word. Loving on His children. Volunteering my time somewhere, whether or not people notice me.

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in Heaven".

This verse has always humbled me. How many times to I do a service and think "I hope... saw that because then they will see how kind I am." SERIOUSLY?
When did compassion become jealousy. or hatred. I want my compassion and kindness and love for the depressed, the hated, and the lonely to be one that is full of pure love. And that will only happen with Christ.

I am not going to rush summer. With one month left until band camp, it's pretty easy to. God has blessed me with a great summer. It's not time to rush back to school.

1 comment:

  1. I love your honestly. SO true. We do things to get noticed because we are selfish haha thank goodness we have a such a forgiving God. I can't wait to spend time with you this Fall. Love you Virginia! :)

    ReplyDelete